Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time to dig my heals in, take a stand!

Isn't it interesting that just when things start to go right in our worlds something comes against it and can potentially put an end to the plans, shake the world up, or make us feel like the plans just don't seem to be right after all.

This is somewhat what is going on in my world...without going into detail. I know in this season of my life I am to set up plans to move to south-east Queensland (Australia). This may or may not be new news to you, however it took a journey and a half for ME to come to terms with.
Now that I have accepted it, I had started to make plans that looked like it was PERFECT for my future (kids pastor at a beach/coastal city...hellloooo YEAH!) however out of no-where it didn't work out. Yes it was a slap in the face and at times really sucked, but I chose to understand, move on, and continue to make plans to move up to QLD. This lead me on different trails of thinking hypothetically how I could make my future work. However when you know its a God plan, its best to hand it over to him and simply say yes...
After doing, that an amazing friend (who Ive been close friends with since 2003, a growing friendship which we both can slam each other with spiritual matters, and be there for each other as girls are) discussed with her hubby and they invited me to move in with them in Brisbane area. Of course I agreed and think the world of them, as it is what they are feeling is suposed to happen.
However once we started setting up real plans and chatting about, in different ways new 'challenges' would come up for both of us (to give an idea of one....some person who obviously needs Jesus, threw a rock into my car window (that I'm selling) it'll be fixed in no time). To me, when things like this come up, it can either be 'reality' or things that can attack the potentially amazing future in store for you.

Either way I choose to dig my heals in. When you know you are doing the right thing in your life following the God dream, and your path gets under attack, or different situations challenge it ever happening, you should take it as a compliment. Obviously you are taking part in doing the right thing, and taking part in changing the world, so when it is attacked its because you and your plans are a threat to what is not of a higher greater purpose.
We are never given anything we aren't able to Handel (we just have to be determined in our reaction). So I challenge you, next time it feels like your God dream is under attack, or you had a great future and its just not working, its time to show the one attacking it who's boss. Dig your heals in, stand firm on your promise, and do not be moved. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Eph 6:10-12
'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.'

No comments:

Post a Comment