Wednesday, February 18, 2009

G'day strangers

WOW it has been SO long since I last blogged, for anyone who actually reads this I am sorry about that. I've been somewhat busy....
Sunday - Wednesday I was at Wollongong doing a Kids program for a small Salvo pastors retreat.
That was great times, not only did I get to spend hours and hours with great kids (only actually between 7-10 kids on any given day) but I also got to meet their parents and other pastors of the Salvos I had not yet met. It was great to hear a bit about how they are doing ministry, I also was able to catch up with a old friend (she is only 30 and probably wont appreciate the 'old' remark, but we met way back in 1999, but i haven't seen her since maybe 2003{?} in my books that's REALLY old). I was also blessed to be able to stay at the same place at the pastors, a nice caravan/resort place at the beach, so everyday I saw the ocean, it was absolutely stunning!

Then from Thursday - Saturday I was in Wagga (for those of you who are thinking 'what the hack is that', its a city WEST N.S.W in Australia and it is beautifully country in all sense's of the word.
The reason for a seemingly random road trip out to Waga (5ish hours drive of nothing but country) was because my lil brother was having his March Out ceremony for the Australian Army, his platoon had passed and were ready to go on with the next part of his career in the Army, and I couldn't have been more proud! no one 'passed-out' in the sun on parade, they were seemingly well behaved in the 'after party' type outings in Waga, and all in all there were many a proud family and friends as the boys graduated and were ready for their next phase in their life.

Speaking of which I thought I should update, I am moving. That wont change anything for those who read my updates as you may or may not even know where I currently am. However its a really big deal for me, it'll be about finding my feet again, moving forward into my own little life adventure and maybe even somewhat planting roots for my life....well, I'm not sure how I will go with the whole settling down thing, I've moved a lot and am a little out of practice with the whole being normal. However it is definitely a NEW and EXCITING season in my life, FULL of surprises and hopes and trust in God. I'm a bit of a creative and love to have fun so hopefully there will be some cool stories ahead for you to read about.

oh and my Saturday - Monday I stay at my amazing friends place, in the same area I used to live (yes I have moved a lot in my life, hence the lack of settledness which does not worry me in the slightest, I enjoy my creative life =] ), because on the weekends I am still very much part of my church and the kids ministry I am BLESSED to be involved with. So currently my weekends consist of friends church and training the amazing team we have at Hillsong kids. I will seriously say I have been SO blessed to have been a dare I say key part of the team, especially on the Hills campus! I have grown and learnt and also been able to teach SO much from the past 3 and a bit years! It's changed my life! So to those who it applies to...THANK YOU (in the near future I may or may not so a more personal shout out to what I've learnt and to those who have lead me, who knows really).
anyways that's all for now, I hope to get an earlier night and an earlier start to the morning...maybe some Yoga, or a walk, some job hunting, who knows...but I hope you have an amazing day/night and seriously make the most of the moments you get to have.
Stop and smell the roses
lovelovelove
xxJj

No comments:

Post a Comment